Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mandala


I created a mandala, and the requirements I needed to fulfill were that it needed to be symmetrical, and it needed to represent who I was. Starting from the middle, I created a flower-like design with two diamonds that had each had their own unique form of a line. Then, I created a blossoming flower because I feel like I should always bloom where I am planted, and I am still growing. Next, I drew earth surrounding the flower because I would give anything to travel the globe. On the outside, I created a symmetrical sunset on the earth’s horizon. Who doesn’t love a vibrant sunset?  By creating this mandala, I learned that this art originated in India and it “is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the Universe.” I really enjoyed this project because I was able to truly personalize everything from the design to the color pallet.


No comments:

Post a Comment