Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pinch Pots


Pinch pots are fun and easy to create. All you have to do is make your clay into a ball, press your thumb in the middle, and start pinching away in a circle to create a pot. With my pot, I wanted to create a fun design at the lip of the pot, so I creased it to create a flower-like design. In my mind, I wanted to create an Indian looking pot because I have always wanted to travel to India. I chose more rich colors that I have seen the women wear, and I thought that rimming the pot in gold would give it more of an Indian flare to represent the beautiful jewelry they wear. On the inside, I painted a typical henna flower that Indians paint on their bodies. Overall, I am happy with my creation, considering it was my very first pinch pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment